Every day, thousands of UBC students pass by a totem pole that comes from the depths of Viner Sound near the former Ḵwiḵwa̱sut̓inux̱w village of Metap. Hockey players at Thunderbird Arena haul their gear past a duck depicted in mid takeoff, crafted with the copper-leafed remnants of an old Volvo car.
- Nazim Hikmet: The Red Giant Looming Over Turkish Poetry
- Respectability Politics doesn’t Protect Us
- The Post-Truth Politics of Jordan Peterson’s Gender Nonbinary Pronoun Debate
- Interview with Yves Engler – A Propaganda System: How Canada’s government, corporations, media and academia sell war and exploitation
- Whiteness Game
- “Love will fix all”
- Corrupt prosecutors behind Brazil’s 2016 right-wing coup selected as finalists for UBC’s $100,000 Allard Prize