Rule Out Racism is a week-long series of events focused on the need for greater literacy and conversation about race and racism within the UBC community. Rule Out Racism week is hosted by UBC Equity and Inclusion Office and is held in recognition of the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination on March 21.
Goals of Rule Out Racism:
- Grow UBC’s literacy around race and racism
- Provide a safe space to have difficult/courageous conversations around systemic racism
- Connecting with the latest research around race and racism
- Facilitating reflection on the actual effectiveness of current anti-racism practices
- Contribute to social sustainability at UBC
At The Talon we strongly support initiatives that work within an anti-oppressive and anti-racist framework and as such, will be publishing a series of articles around the theme of eliminating racism, particularly in relation to UBC. We are seeking submissions from UBC students, faculty and staff that pertain to the theme and goals of this week.
Deadline for Submissions: March 5th
Please read our submission guidelines before submitting.